Information You Voluntarily Provide
TFT collects information about you when you interact with our Services including information that you voluntarily provide when you use the Services; complete any form, survey, questionnaire, or other request of information from TFT; sign up to receive our newsletter; submit an inquiry; or otherwise interact with the Services. Information that we collect may depend on how you interact with TFT and use the Services. A description of the types of information we may collect is described in detail below.
- Volunteer Data: name; surname; company group name, if applicable; email address; phone number; age; interests in supporting the TFT programs; availability; skills, experiences, training or education; and other relevant and useful information to a volunteer opportunity at TFT of our supporters and volunteers.
- Donor Data: name; surname; email address; mailing address; phone; financial information; and other relevant information for a donation to TFT.
- Feedback Data: information obtained through our surveys to help inform our programming, including demographic information.
- Nutrition Navigator Partner Data: email addresses; program contact information and organizational information which includes location, phone number and website.
- General User Data: name; surname; email address; mailing address; general preferences (e.g., through a newsletter sign-up form)
- Usage Data: information about how you use our Services, such as statistics regarding the opening and clicking on emails, and other activities on the Sites, including referring/exit pages, and clickstream data.
- Marketing and Communications Data: marketing campaign data, click-throughs, your preferences and consent to receiving marketing from us and third parties, your communication preferences, email, phone calls, and text communications.
Information We Collect When You Use the Services
Automated technologies or interactions. As you navigate around the Sites and/or use the Services, certain information can be collected using various technologies to help us personalize your TFT experience. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, time zone setting and location, language preferences, device type and ID, and other technical information from the devices you use to access our Services.
Information You Provide to a Third Party
We may receive information about you from third parties. We may associate this information with the other information we have collected about you as described in this Policy. The collection, use, and disclosure of information received from third parties may be governed by the third parties’ privacy policies. Please carefully review these third-party privacy policies before submitting your information to a third-party application or otherwise interacting with it to understand how your information may be collected, used, and disclosed by these third parties. We have no control over, and cannot and do not assume responsibility for the data collection and privacy practices employed by any of these third parties or their services.
Use of Your Information
Our primary purpose for collecting your information is to provide you with the services you request. We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- Provide you with our Services.
- Resolve disputes and/or questions about our Services.
- Problem troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting data.
- Enforce our Terms for use of our Services and the terms of this Policy.
- Customize, measure and improve our Services and content.
- For our own internal business purposes.
- Communicate with you about updates to our Services, recommendations and other information from us that may be of interest to you.
- Protect our interests, including establishing, exercising and defending legal rights and claims.
- As necessary to comply with legal requirements, to prevent fraud, to co-operate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities, and to stop other prohibited, illegal, or harmful activities.
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide/we request your information or as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
Third Party Sharing
- Information You Instruct Us to Share. In connection with the Services, you may be presented with an option to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your information will be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose may be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties
- Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to perform certain business services and may disclose your information to such service providers as needed for them to perform these business services. Service providers are only allowed to use, disclose, or retain this information to provide these services. Business services provided include, but are not limited to, hosting services, software and website development services, analytics services, payment processors, marketing, promotional and email services, customer and technical support.
- Business Transactions. We may share your information with successors, predecessors, assigns, licensees and others, when necessary, who may use the information for the purposes described in this Policy.
- Legal Process. Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss; or iv) for the purposes of cooperation with law enforcement agencies’ and/or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
The Services are intended for adult use only and are not directed toward children, minors, or anyone under the age of 18 without adult supervision. If you are under the age of 18, you are not authorized to provide us with any personally identifying information, nor access or use our services in any manner whatsoever. By using the Services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older.
Use of the Services
By accessing and using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that we control and operate the Services from our offices in the United States of America and that the Services are intended for use by users located in the United States of America. Unless expressly stated to the contrary, we make no representation that the Services are appropriate or will be available for use in other locations.
Notice to California Residents
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have provided personally identifiable information to us or our third-party advertisers and marketing partners, if any, to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. Requests should be submitted via email to email@example.com and should include CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS in the subject line. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the requirements of Section 1798.83 and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting. Some web browsers incorporate a Do Not Track (“DNT”) feature that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. At this time, our Sites do not respond to DNT signals. TFT may allow certain third-party advertising partners to place tracking technology, such as cookies and pixels on our websites. This technology allows us and/or third-parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites.
Contact Information and Opt Out
If users of our Sites have any questions or concerns about their data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not want TFT or its representatives to contact you for marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this preference at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the email. This opt-out will not apply to operational or informational emails related to your account or other administrative purposes. You may continue to receive promotional email messages for a short period while we process your request. By making a donation to The Food Trust, you will be automatically re-subscribed to the organization’s mailing lists.